Ways to Plan Ahead:
- Gather personal information for your obituary.
- Have the Talk of a Lifetime with those close to you to clarify what’s important to you all.
- Choose a charity to direct donations to, if desired.
- Choose a funeral home.
- Make note of any instructions for your services and final disposition.
- Consider if a prepaid funeral is best for you and your family.
- Choose burial or cremation.
- Select a casket or cremation container.
- Choose locations and types of services.
- Choose floral arrangements.
- Select which photographs and memorabilia you’d like to display.
- Consider any customs, traditions, or religious rites that are important to you and your family, or any new traditions you would like to begin.
- Choose the clothing you’d like to be dressed in.
- Select music, if desired or specific hymns in a religious service.
- Choose a theme for decorations and stationery at your services.
- Choose a clergy member or officiator to preside over the service.
- Select any musicians whose talents you’d like to employ.
- Select pallbearers.
- Choose friends or family members to perform the eulogy, read scripture, or prepare a speech.
- Decide what to do with your ashes
- If you have an urn, who will keep your urn.
- If you wish to scatter the ashes, decide who will scatter your ashes and where.
- Alternatively, choose a cemetery.
- Select a burial plot or mausoleum.
- Select a memorial or grave marker and inscription.
Information You'll Need
- Full Name of Deceased
- Date of Birth
- Year began residence in Australia
- Usual residence
- Usual occupation during working life
- Pension details
- Parents’ names and occupations
- Marital status
- Marriage information (including place of Marriage, Age at date of Marriage, Name of spouse) for each marriage
- Name and occupation of the parents of the deceased
Affiliations & Interests
- Organisations & Memberships
- Contributions & Memorials
- Interests & Achievements
- Any special recognitions you have
There’s no need to make all the decisions right away. For personalised assistance in creating your plan, contact one of our experts to schedule a one-on-one meeting.